- As an end-of-line flame arrester to protect vent openings of storage tanks.
- Explosion and endurance burning proof for all inflammable liquids and vapors of explosion group IIB1 and also for alcohols with a maximum experimental safe gap (MESG) ≥ 0.85 mm and an
maximum operating temperature of 60 °C.
- This device is not permitted to be installed in enclosed areas.
- Installation on top of storage tanks, tank access covers or breather pipelines.
- The flame arrester protects a tank against flashbacks but allows the flow of gases out into the atmosphere and air into the tank.
- With additional examination and approval, applicable also for alcohols (ethanol, methanol…)